Here’s how to make sweet potato hash browns! With just 5 minutes of hands on time, they’re delicious, simple, and fit a variety of diets.
How to make sweet potato hash browns
Alright ya’ll. Do you know how to use a grater? Good. Because that’s all you need to know for this recipe! As experienced as we are in the kitchen, I still sometimes get annoyed when I have to dice a sweet potato. (True confessions.) Sweet potatoes can be really dense and hard to cut. This sweet potato hash browns recipe could not be simpler because all you have to do is grate the potato!
In this recipe, we call for 1 pound of sweet potatoes. How much is 1 pound? It’s only about 1 medium large sweet potato. Some sweet potatoes you can find at the store are MASSIVE and sometimes are 1 1/2 or 2 pounds. So this calls for just a moderate amount of sweet potato. How to make sweet potato hash browns? Grate the sweet potato on the large grate setting of a grater: no need to even peel! Then mix the sweet potato with olive oil, a little garlic powder, salt and pepper, and a magic ingredient: cornstarch. The cornstarch helps them to get a little crispy and form into little patties. Then bake them for 30 minutes until the outsides are crispy. While they bake, you can clean up and make the remainder of your breakfast or brunch.
- 1 pound sweet potato (about1 medium large potato)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Wash the sweet potato and remove any bad spots, leaving the skin on. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Grate the sweet potato with the large side of a box grater onto the baking sheet. Spread the shreds into an even layer, then drizzle the top with the olive oil and sprinkle with the cornstarch, garlic powder, black pepper, and kosher salt. Mix it all together with your hands until evenly combined, then shape the potato into 6 loose mounds (see the photo).
- Bake 30 minutes until lightly browned on the outsides and soft on the inside. Carefully remove the sweet potato hash browns from the baking sheet with a spatula.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/sweet-potato-hash-browns/