Here’s how to grill pineapple perfectly! It’s so easy and comes out smoky and juicy: serve drizzled with honey or topped with vanilla ice cream.
If you love summer grilling…then you’ve got to try a grilled dessert! This grilled pineapple is the best ending to a summer meal. Pineapple is tangy and juicy as is: imagine it infused with a smoky flavor and warm from the grill! For the easiest option, drizzle it with honey and top with fresh mint. Or, take it over the top and serve with melty vanilla ice cream or toasted coconut. Consider us new converts, over here! Here’s how to grill pineapple to sweet, juicy perfection.
Pineapple is easy to grill: and you can’t really mess it up because it tastes incredible even before go to grill it. There’s no real wrong way to do it, and you need minimal seasonings.
All you need to remember about grilled pineapple is the grill temperature and the approximate timing. Other than that, it’s a breeze! Memorize it and you can grill up the sweet fruit all summer long. Here are the basic steps for how to grill pineapple .
- 1 medium pineapple
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil (like grapeseed or vegetable)
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Honey (or agave syrup), for drizzling
- Finely chopped mint (optional)
- For serving: ice cream or whipped cream (optional), toasted coconut
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat (375 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Cut off the pineapple top and rind. Then cut the pineapple into 3/4” slices, keeping the core intact. In a bowl, mix the pineapple with the oil and salt.
- Place directly on the grill grates and grill 3 to 4 minutes per side (6 to 8 minutes total), turning once, until tender and slightly charred.
- To serve, drizzle with honey and top with finely chopped mint (optional). If you’d like, top with ice cream or whipped cream and toasted coconut. Make sure to eat around the core when enjoying!
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/grilled-pineapple/