Here’s an easy finger food idea for a party: goat cheese crostini! Simply make homemade toasts and top with goat cheese, honey and fresh herbs.
It’s often that Alex and I are stumped when we first think of finger foods to serve for a party. So over the years, we’ve developed a crutch: goat cheese crostini. This appetizer idea could not be easier: honestly, it’s more an idea than a recipe. Bake up some homemade crostini, top with goat cheese and honey, and you’ve got the most delicious sweet and savory taste treat. The flavor of soft goat cheese is so perfect in itself that you don’t need any other seasoning. Once you make this once, it will become part of your repertoire for years! Here’s what to do.
- 1 baguette (homemade or store bought)
- 4 ounce log soft goat cheese (chevre)
- Fresh mint, basil or thyme, roughly chopped
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the baguette into thin slices on the bias (diagonally). Place the slices on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until golden and crispy. Cool to room temperature: they’ll crisp up even more as they cool. (If making in advance, store the plain, un-topped crostini up to 5 days in a sealed container at room temperature.)
- Top each crostini with a smear of soft goat cheese, a drizzle of honey, and roughly chopped fresh herbs. Add fresh ground black pepper and serve immediately.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/goat-cheese-crostini/