These roasted peaches come together in 5 minutes and taste just like peach pie. Topped with vanilla ice cream, they’re a real treat!
Growing up, one of the best parts of summer was my mom’s peach pie. She only made it during the few months when the peaches were at their best, so eating it was always a special occasion. And it always ended with me licking the plate clean. Here’s my cheater’s way to getting that peach pie flavor with none of the effort: roasted peaches! They take just a few minutes in the broiler, and they taste incredible. Top with melty vanilla ice cream, and it’s one of summer’s best taste treats.
How to make roasted peaches
As much as I enjoy fresh peach recipes like my mom’s pie, there are a few key reasons I won’t be going all out like she does. Namely: I don’t have a lot of time. I don’t think ahead, especially when it comes to dessert!
So, this roasted peaches recipe is a perfect substitute for me. It is ultra simple to make (think: 5 minutes!), and absolutely delicious. Not to mention, it has all the flavors I love about a pie, but it’s much better for you. The simplicity of this dish highlights the flavor of the peaches. Here are the basic steps:
- 4 ripe peaches
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Mint leaves, for serving
- Wash the peaches, cut them in half, and remove the pits. Preheat a broiler.
- Place the peaches cut side up in a broiler safe dish or baking sheet. Sprinkle each half with 1 tablespoon brown sugar.
- Place in a broiler and broil for 4 to 5 minutes, until the sugar is caramelized.
- To serve, top with vanilla ice cream and mint, if using.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/oven-roasted-peaches-with-greek-yogurt/