These Mexican pinwheels are a quick and easy lunch recipe, they’re colorful and full of healthy veggies. Dip in salsa for the win!
Easy and healthy lunch ideas can be hard to come by. Fact: Alex and I are both terrible about planning ahead on lunches. This is especially true when we’re packing lunch for our son’s preschool lunch. So this new Mexican pinwheel recipe is all about making a healthy lunch as fast as possible. The pinwheels are packed with healthy veggies rolled into a tortilla with a bit of hummus: and MAN, they are so tasty! We got all of the ingredients for this recipe at ALDI: a great place to stock up on back to school ingredients that are organic and affordable.
If you’d like, you can serve the pinwheels with salsa for dipping: it takes them to a whole new level! But they taste great without it, too. For lunch logistics, that might be the easiest option. We’ve also served this as a kid-friendly family dinner recipe: it’s a great way to pack in veggies. And Alex and I ate the leftovers as a no-think adult dinner, too. So it works for everyone!
- 1 organic green onion
- 1/2 organic red pepper and 1/2 orange pepper (or 1 red pepper)
- 1/2 cup organic black beans
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup Simply Nature Organic Classic Hummus
- 1/2 cup organic baby spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- 2 large L’oven Fresh Spinach Wraps (or gluten-free wrap of your choosing)
- 1/2 cup Simply Nature Organic Salsa, for serving (optional)
- Thinly slice the green onion, red pepper and orange pepper. In a small bowl, mix the black beans and sliced vegetables with chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder and kosher salt.
- Spread hummus in a thin layer with 1/4” around the edge of each tortilla. Place half of the spinach in a layer in the middle of each tortilla. Place the peppers in a line on one side, and the black beans in a line on the other side (see the photo). Sprinkle half of the cheese on each tortilla.
- Tightly roll up the tortilla, keeping it as tight as possible and rolling smoothly at the end (don’t worry if a little bit falls out!). Slice off the ends and either eat or discard; then slice the remainder into 8 pieces. Serve immediately with salsa (optional) or refrigerate until serving. They’re perfect for lunches.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/mexican-pinwheel-recipe/