Add this to your 5 minute recipes! This pesto-slathered healthy breakfast sandwich can be whipped up in minutes and offers a delicious spin on breakfast.
Making this breakfast sandwich
This 5 minute breakfast sandwich truly takes 5 minutes. That means you can whip it up in less time than it takes to run through the fast food drive through. And if you’re in a pinch, brinner to the rescue! It can double as a quick dinner for nights when you have no time to think. It pleases kids, and it’s easy enough for beginner cooks like college students. Basically: it pleases everyone!
Even better, healthy breakfast sandwich is seriously delicious. The flavor is incredible even though the prep time is super quick. What’s makes this healthy breakfast sandwich so special?
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 multi-grain English muffin
- 2 to3 tablespoons high-quality basil pesto, purchased or homemade if in season (or use vegan cashew pesto)
- 1 handful baby arugula (or other baby greens)
- Kosher salt
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Crack the egg into the pan and sprinkle with a few pinches kosher salt. When the whites are mostly cooked after a minute or two, flip and cook another 30 seconds, then remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, toast the English muffin. Spread both sides generously with pesto. When the egg is done, slide it onto one half of the English muffin.
- Add a handful of arugula to the still hot pan and return to medium heat; add a pinch of kosher salt and cook for a few seconds until wilted down. Remove from the heat and place the arugula on top of the egg.
- Top the sandwich with the other half of the English muffin and serve immediately.
You can read full article and recipes here : https://www.acouplecooks.com/5-minute-pesto-arugula-breakfast-sandwich/